Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- Grade 12 English (U) or (C), 60% or higher
- Grade 12 math (U) or (C), 60% or higher
- Grade 12 physics (U) or (C), 70% or higher, university level is highly recommended due to competitive entrance
- Grade 12 biology (U) or (C), 70 % or higher
- If English is a second language for the applicant, a Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score must be provided:
- TOEFL-minimum scores of: 580 paper-based, 237 computer-based, 88 Internet-based
- IELTS Academic – band score overall of 7.5+
- CAEL-overall band score of 70
- CLBA- overall band score of 8
- Entrance exam based on high school English, math, physics and biology and spatial reasoning.
Applicant must have a passing grade of 60% or higher. Exam also has an essay component.
- Interview with Admissions Committee – Combined average score of 70% or higher.
- Physician’s note (free of communicable diseases)
- Police vulnerable sector check
- Standard First-Aid/CPR Level-C
Located in the heart of our country’s capital, the Canadian National Institute of Health is an innovative healthcare college, dedicated to providing a unique and comprehensive education to students. CNIH was the first private career college in Canada to offer a Diagnostic Medical Sonography program; pioneering a unique, individualized training experience focused on meeting the need for sonographers across the country. We have achieved and maintained full accreditation since the program’s inception in 2012.
Our commitment to excellence and innovation has led us to establish a highly reputable Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, designed to equip aspiring sonographers with the most advanced knowledge and practical skills. We take immense pride in the following key features that set our college apart:
Distinguished Faculty: Our college boasts an elite team of experienced and accomplished faculty members who are leading experts in their respective areas. Their dedication to teaching and guiding students ensures a transformative educational experience.
Advanced Imaging Technology: CNIH is committed to providing an exceptional, interactive experience for our students. Our labs are equipped with the latest sonographic equipment and imaging technology. Our students will have access to state-of-the-art facilities, providing hands-on experience with scanning and simulation.
Comprehensive Curriculum: The curriculum in our Diagnostic Medical Sonography program is meticulously designed to encompass all aspects of ultrasound imaging, including anatomy, pathology, physiology, and scanning techniques that are cross-referenced to the Sonography Canada National Competency Profile for the Generalist Sonographer.
Clinical Practicum: Practical training is an essential component of our program. Our college has forged strong partnerships with leading healthcare facilities, providing students with extensive clinical exposure and opportunities to develop their skills.
Supportive Learning Environment: We believe in nurturing a supportive and inclusive learning environment. Our faculty and staff are committed to providing personalized attention, ensuring every student receives the guidance they need to succeed.
Continuing Education: Learning does not end with graduation. Our college is committed to providing continuous learning opportunities for alumni, encouraging them to stay updated with the latest trends and techniques in ultrasound imaging by providing the opportunity to attend the CNIH Annual Sonography conference.
Industry Network: Our college maintains strong ties with various healthcare institutions and professional bodies, enhancing the employability of our graduates and fostering a network of industry connections. Our collaborative approach ensures that students are learning the most current, marketable skills to support their future employment.
We take immense pride in our commitment to excellence, and our mission is to empower the next generation of Diagnostic Medical Sonography professionals to make a positive impact in the healthcare field.
Lyne Roy DMS, CRGS, RDMS, CAE
Program Director, Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Canadian National Institute of Health Inc.
303 Dalhousie Street
Ottawa ON K1N 7E8
Tel: 613.726.2644 ext 225