Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Are you fascinated by the inner workings of the human body? Consider becoming a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. The sonography program is a 20-month (5 Term) program providing didactic and clinical education in abdominal, obstetrical, and gynecologic specialty areas. The program is a general concentration curriculum with a limited introduction to basic vascular Sonography. Clinical education occurs at partnering medical centers and medical clinics throughout Ontario. Program participants can expect substantial off-campus study and preparation for classroom lecture and lab exercises.
How & When To Apply
- Contact the admissions department for upcoming program dates and application deadlines.
- Print out an enrollment package (found on the website or through your e-mail) and fill out the application on the last page.
- Send it to the College by mail, e-mail or fax.
- Arrange to provide official transcripts to the admissions office.
- Call or e-mail the Admissions Director at the college to set up a date for a tour and entrance Test.
- Successfully score 60% or above on the entrance test and schedule a time and date for an interview.
- Successfully complete the Interview.
CNIH is accredited by the Canadian Medical Association Since 2013. Our accredited programs assure that you received an education from a college that meets very specific standards of quality. CNIH has been accredited by the Canadian Medical Association since 2013.
Be a part of the success that CNIH Graduates have experienced:
- Greater than 97% success rate on national board exams for dental hygiene.
- Greater than 97% success rate on national and international registry exams for sonography.
Link to Sonography Canada
Features and Benefits
- 20 month Diploma Program recognized Nationally and Internationally.
- Brand new 15,000 sq ft State of the Art Facilities (2013) located in the west end of Ottawa
- Practicum in highly regarded Hospitals and Private clinics.
- Resource full and supported student learning environment. From mentorship support to counselling services, CNIH provides you with the tools to succeed.
- CNIH is located steps away from transit and affordable housing and has onsite shopping and services to meet most of your needs.
Canadian National Institute of Health – Financing Your Education!
1. Student Loans from Financial institutions
Dental Hygiene is a professional designation program. Financial institutions are likely to finance students in a low risk category as they are aware of the favourable employment prospects and relatively high salaries. CNIH is currently affiliated with RBC, however, we encourage students to seek out the most competitive rates possible.
2. Monthly Payments
We make paying for your education easier by offering monthly payment options.
3. Registered Education Savings Plan
Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) If you are named as the beneficiary of this plan you may be able to use these funds.
4. The Lifelong Learning Plan
Withdrawal from RRSP (Registered Retirement Saving Plans). The Canada Revenue Agency Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP) : www.cra-ac.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/rrsp-reer/llp-reep/menu-eng.html allows you to withdraw funds from your RRSP’S to finance education. You can also withdraw from your spouse or common law partner. Limits are $10,000 per year to a maximum of $20,000.
5. Employment Ontario
The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) administers programs (seconds careers) that help unemployed Ontarians retrain and get back into the workforce .